August 22nd, 7:00 PM From Matty’s Momma.


Dear Friends and Family,


Matty was supposed to have surgery today to put in his feeding tube, but this weekend he had gotten an infection and slight case of pneumonia and is on 2 kinds of meds for that. They are hoping his fever and white cells are normal so he can have surgery on Wednesday. So keep Matty in your prayers. They are keeping him off food till he has the surgery, that way he won’t have stuff coming up in his trake. As of right now his surgery is scheduled for Wednesday.




August 24th, 11:00 PM From Matty’s Dadda.


Dear Friends and Family,


Once again Matty’s surgery was postponed because of the high temp that he had been fighting the day previous and the slight case of pneumonia. As of right now he is on track for surgery to insert his feeding tube on Thursday morning at 7:30 AM. Right now the only set back he may have is his oxygen level. Even through he is completely breathing on his own due to the pneumonia his little body was not able to retain enough oxygen on his own, so he has been put back on a respirator just for the oxygen he needs. His blood pressure is good and he is completely breathing on his own. By the next status I am praying that I can tell you all that his feeding tube has been inserted and will be on the last 1/3rd of the way to bringing Matthew home.


As always, thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.





August 25th, 6:00 PM From Matty’s Dadda.


Dear Friends and Family,


Matthew had a very rough day today, the surgery he had scheduled for today had to be postponed indefinitely. When they got him into the operating room his pneumonia was preventing him from receiving his oxygen so the surgeon cancelled and brought him back to PICU. I had been called from work by Dawnise because the nurse or surgeon that spoke to Dawnise had made it worse than it was saying that we would have to make some decisions, luckily we didn’t. His doctor wants him to recoup from the pneumonia before they try to have the surgery for his feeding tube.


He was just getting stable from that when the line that they had put in him for drawing blood and I.V.’s would not work for him. So, Matty’s doctor had a full blown surgery in the room at PICU to get the line in. His doctor finally got the line in but it took 3 hours and was rather difficult, during this he lost some blood. I have scheduled a direct blood draw for myself on Monday at 9:15AM (would you believe they are closed on Friday) to make sure he has blood on hand.


We are hoping that he recovers from this particularly hard day over the weekend so he can keep his strength up for next week.


As always, thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.



August 27th, 4:00 PM From Matty’s Dadda.


Dear Friends and Family,


Friday was actually a very good day for Matthew, his vitals stayed normal and did not give anybody a lick of problems. Then this morning around 4 AM his oxygen started giving him problems and basically pulled the same stunt he had pulled on Thursday. His lung had collapsed again and they had to do another on the spot surgery to get a tube into him so the oxygen that was stuck in his little body would come out again. This meant his doctor had to come in way earlier than he had originally expected him to.


He is now stable again and the doctor is going to keep the tube in him until his feeding tube surgery on Wednesday, September 1st so they do not risk anymore problems with his lung before the surgery.


As always, thanks you for your thoughts and prayers.




August 27th, 11:26 PM From Matty’s Grandmoo.


Dear Family and Friends,

I am sorry that I did not get an update out earlier.  This has really been a difficult week for Matthew.  I have sat down to this computer twice and could not get the words on paper.  As I start, I would just get overwhelmed.  Every time I find myself getting my hopes up Matthew has a set back and it seems to all come crashing down.  I am trying so hard to stay strong in my faith, however, at times I can really feel it shake.  I hope that most of you are able to check Matthew's web page as his Dada, Sean, is trying to put in a little update each day.  For those of you that only get your update thru us I will try to let you know what has been going on.


Matthew's feeding tube got stopped up and after the tube was changed he ended up aspirating some of the food into his lungs, which then went into pneumonia.  For a couple of days he ran a pretty high temp.  He was also put on two different antibiotics.  A central line had to be put in for Matthew as his little veins could not be found.  Last Sunday afternoon, August 21, Dr. Ray was able to put in the central line first try.  (grown area in his right leg)  For several days it worked great for all of the IV's and drawing of blood.  Since Matthew had the problem with aspirating he has received all his nutrition thru the IV.  By Wednesday they were starting to have some trouble getting blood draws then on Thursday he was scheduled at 7:30 a.m. for surgery for placement of a Fundoplication Gastrostomy Tube.  This type of tube will prevent Matthew from aspirating again.  They got Matthew into the OR and just as they were getting started his oxygen level dropped down.  It took them some time to get him to 80 on the respirator.  It was over another hour before Dawnise and I were told to go upstairs and Matthew would be returning to the PICU area.  The Dr's then spent three hours trying to find another central line for Matthew.  They finally found one on the left area near the shoulder.  The poor little guy looked like a pin cushion.  (His right leg where the first central line was became very swollen and purple all the way to his foot.  Looked pretty scary but as of tonight it is starting to look better.) After all of this, he ended up with his left lung collapsed.  He then had to have a needle inserted into the side to let the air out.  That worked for awhile and then early this morning (August 27th)they had to put a tube in Matthew to continue releasing the extra air as his lung had collapsed again and his oxygen level was dropping quickly.  Dr. J says he plans to leave the tube in until after he has his surgery which is now scheduled for Wednesday, August 31st)  As of tonight his oxygen was starting to come up real good and he was slowly being taking off the respirator.  Matthew is continuing to do his own breathing.  He is one little fighter.


We can't thank you enough for your prayers, cards, phone calls and e-mails.  Your support has been wonderful.  We would like to say a special thanks to the Charlie 6-29th battery.  We are so thankful for getting reunited with all of you.  Ole and I are really feeling your support for us.

We once again ask all of you to continue to keep Matthew along with our whole family in your thoughts and prayers.


Take care and God Bless.


Love, Charlotte and Ole 



                                           August 29th, 11:22 PM From Matty’s Grandmoo

                                                                  (In reply to a friend)


Hi Ray,


Thank you for your prayers.  Matthew is in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Kaiser Hospital in Los Angeles.  My daughter lives closer to 2 other Kaiser Hospitals, but they don't specialize in PICU patients.  We are very pleased with the care that he is getting.  My daughter has stayed there every day and night since he went there on August 8 and they have been very good to her family and all the relatives who go to visit.  My daughter has 2 other children 7 and 3.  So you can imagine how we all juggle things to watch them.  Tonight we have the 7 year old and my other daughter has the 3 year old with her own 2 year old.


Thanks for keeping Matthew in prayer.


Ole and Charlotte


                                            September 3rd, 11:22 PM From Matty’s Grandmoo


Another week has gone since our last update.  Matthew's week was pretty rough again, however, I am happy to report that both yesterday, (Friday), and today Saturday has been great days.  Praise the Lord.  Since yesterday morning, Matthew's numbers have started to improve.  Earlier this week the Dr.'s told Dawnise that Matthew's status was hour by hour.  That lets you know how grave things have been at times.

Matthew is still on the respirator for oxygen.  When I left today the machine was at 45 and he was holding from 90-95.  We make sure we take time to thank the Lord for each improvement Matthew receives. 

The surgery that was scheduled for Wednesday, August 31st, was once again cancelled.  This time it was cancelled indefinitely.  They will not even consider doing it until the respirator is between 30/40.  As you can see from the above paragraph he is getting closer every day.  Matthew's right leg has completely recovered from having the central line in.  However, as I was leaving today the Dr. told us that his left lung has not completely healed from being collapsed.  This shows us that the tube that was put in his side last Saturday is not ready to be removed yet.  However, the Dr's are real pleased with the results of the tube.  Matthew still shows some pneumonia in the right lung, however, this past week they have been able to suction quite a bit out of Matthew.


Once again praise the Lord.  When you look at Matthew, if you can look pass the tubes, he is looking great.  His coloring is wonderful and he looks very peaceful.  The last few nights they started giving him a little sedative to help prevent him from fighting the respirator.  Matthew just wants to work harder than the Dr's want him to.  We all continue to pray that the Lord will continue to put his healing hands on Matthew.  We must remember to continue to Praise our Lord for each step he is taking with Matthew.

As I close this update, I am adding a prayer that Pastor Bill wrote for Matthew.  I ask each of you to please pray this prayer for him.  I go to bed praying it and wake praying it.  I also pray it to Matthew every day while I am at the hospital.


"Dear Lord, we're still hoping we'll wake up.  We're still hoping we'll open a sleepy eye and think, What a horrible dream.  But we won't, will we, Father?  When we got the news that little Matthew Keller was in a coma due to an accident, we could not believe it.  It was no dream and, dear Father, we are sad.  And so we come to You.  We don't ask You for help; we beg You for it.  We don't request it; we implore it.  We know what You can do.  We've read the accounts.  We've pondered the stories and now we plead, "Do it again, Lord, Do it again."

Remember Joseph?  You rescued him from the pit.  You can do the same for us.  Do it again, Lord.  Remember the Hebrews in Egypt?  You protected their children from the angel of death.  We have children, too, Lord.  Do it again.  And Sarah?  Remember her prayers?  You heard them.  Joshua?  Remember his fears?  You inspired him.  The women at the tomb?  You resurrected their hope.  The doubts of Thomas?  You took them away.  Do it again, Lord.  Do it again.

You changed Daniel from a captive into a king's counselor.  You took Peter the fisherman and made him Peter an apostle.  Because of You, David went from leading sheep to leading armies.  Do it again, Lord, for we need You today, Lord.  We need witnesses to Your power.  We need leaders of love to serve You.  Do it again, dear Lord.  Most of all, do again what You did on the cross.  You did not waver, O Lord.  You did not complain.  After three days in a dark hole, You rolled the rock and rumbled the earth and turned the darkest Friday into the brightest Sunday.  Do it again, Lord.  Grant us a September Easter.

We thank You, dear Father, for these this unity in prayer.  The Enemy sought to bring us to our knees and succeeded.  He had no idea, however, that we would kneel before You.  And he has no idea what you can do.  Do it again, Lord!

Let Your mercy be upon Matthew Keller and his family, and all families that are in need of your special care and healing.  Give us grace that we might forgive and faith that we might believe.  And look kindly upon the Calvary congregation.  For two thousand years You've used Your power to heal a hurting world.  Do it again, Lord.  Do it again."

Let the congregation say, "Amen!"


Once again we cannot thank you enough for your prayers, cards, phone calls and emails.  Your continued support is definitely helping us get thru each day.  PLEASE continue to keep Matthew along with our whole family in your thoughts and prayers.


Take care and God Bless.


Love, Charlotte and Ole




September 11th, 6:00 PM From Matty’s Dadda.


Dear Friends and Family,


Well, I like to report that in the last 4 days things there have been a lot more positive than negative. Matthew has finally achieved the goal of being at room air on the ventilator witch is 21 percent. Not that he has not tried to exert his personality over things (like fighting the ventilator, raising his heartbeats because it is to noisy, DSATING because Momma wanted to take a shower).


He has also started showing more signs of awareness, like moving his arms and legs, if you touch his legs and arms he just opens his eyes, and sometimes  I have noticed that his right eye will move towards were you are at when you are in range of him. One of the doctors has even admitted that he is not in as a deep of coma that he was before. He is still coma, but the coma is lighter than it was before.


As of right now Matthew is on track for his feeding tube surgery for September 14th (Wednesday), either sometime in the morning or early afternoon, and If and only if he cooperates we will take him home about 8 days afterwards. This is only a rough estimate at this time.


As always, we appreciate all your prayers and your words of encouragement
















Brought to you by his Family

Pray 4 Matthew

To continue you on please click on the page links below, Thank You!


Page 1


Page 2


Page 3